It is the intention of Online Learning College that where there are circumstances of a learner being dissatisfied in relation to assessments, an attempt should be made to resolve the issue in the first instance at a local level.
Grounds for Appeal
- The conduct of the assessment
- The adequacy of the range, nature and comprehensiveness of the evidence when set against the Learning Outcomes and evidence requirements
- The adequacy of the opportunities offered in order to demonstrate competence
Such appeals will only be allowed to proceed if:
- They are lodged within the time limit, currently 20 working days of the assessment result being fed back
- That, if additional evidence is being used in support of an appeal, there is proof that such evidence was available at the time the disputed assessment took place
- An appeal is in relation to up to one unit of competence only.
Outcomes of an Appeal
These can be:
- Confirmation of the original decision
- Instructions that the competence be reassessed by the same or a different assessor
- A judgement that the evidence presented is an adequate demonstration of competence and a recommendation that the assessment decision be reconsidered.
How to lodge an Appeal
In the first instance write to your tutor stating:
- your name, address for correspondence and daytime telephone number
- the name of your assessor
- why you are appealing
- the element or unit to which the appeal relates
- where and when the disputed assessment took place
If you are unhappy with the outcome you may then refer your appeal to the Centre’s IQA, again stating the above information.
Finally, if you are still unhappy with the outcome you should address your appeal to the Head of Centre. A final decision will be made within ten working days of receipt of your appeal.
Please note that all the above procedures must be followed.
Please note that the decision of Online Learning College’s Head of Centre is final.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of Online Learning College’s decision you may take your appeal to the Centre’s External Quality Assurer, the Awarding Body and finally Ofqual.